Hughes 9502 BGAN M2M Terminal
- •Hughes 9502 BGAN M2M Terminal IDU
- •10 meters RF antenna cable
- •External antenna (ODU)
Hughes 9502 BGAN M2M Terminal is the world’s most cost-effective, all-IP BGAN machine-to-machine satellite terminal with exceptionally low power consumption.
The Hughes 9502 IP satellite terminal provides reliable connectivity over the Inmarsat Broadband Global Area Network (BGAN) for IP SCADA and machine-to-machine (M2M) applications. The Hughes terminal delivers affordable, global, end-to-end IP data connectivity enabling applications in industry sectors such as environmental monitoring, SmartGrid, pipeline monitoring, compressor monitoring, well site automation, video
surveillance, and out-of-band management to primary site communications.
The Hughes 9502 includes 10 meters of RF cabling, granting the user freedom to position the antenna remotely and away from the transceiver in complex installations while securing the SIM card inside a premise or enclosure to better protect against unauthorized use, theft, and vandalism.
Future firmware releases would be uncommon, meanwhile any such modem update will qualify for no charge over-the-air (OTA) upgrades saving customers time and money.
- • No connection charge with BGAN M2M (normal BGAN charge is 100 Kbytes)
- • Minimum CDRs only 1 Kbyte (normal BGAN charge is 10 Kbytes)
- • No charge over-the-air modem software upgrades
- • Integrated IP Watchdog to ensure ���always-on��� network connectivity. No manual intervention required to recover from an outage
- • Auto-on/auto-context activation automatically restores power and PDP connection to itself following loss of power and/or IP connection
- • Remote control via SMS: remote management platform for command and control to the terminal using SMS, including configuration, debugging, and access to Web interface
- • Ultra-low power consumption
- • Relay mode passes WAN IP address to the connected RTU
- • Security enhancements with extended layers of embedded security options
- • Basic installation; no PC required
- • Outdoor unit (ODU) can be pole mounted
- • Indoor unit (IDU) is housed inside building or the remote terminal unit (RTU)
- • Built-in GPS receiver
- • XL compliant