MCD-4801 "The Football'
- •MCD-4801 BGAN terminal case that includes the Hughes 9450
- •AC/DC charger
- •Mini-inverter for running off a vehicle power port
- •Quick Start Guide
- •International plugs
- •USB flash drive with user manuals, mobile status gadget, software
Simply lay the case flat under the sky and press the power button inside the case. In one minute the MCD-4801 will connect with a BGAN satellite and establish a wireless hotspot for any in-range devices. Nicknamed “The Football”, this auto tracking BGAN terminal delivers broadband speeds of up to 464 Kbps to 11 concurrent wireless devices, all housed in a durable all-weather case that stays closed for full operation. Two external Ethernet ports (RJ-45) allow the connection of two external devices.
- • No pointing - simply turn the unit on under the sky.
• Does NOT require user interaction after turning it on.
• No software to run. Establishes Wi-Fi hotspot automatically.
• Up to 5 hours of internal battery life for normal use.
• Case operates stationary or moving on land and ocean.
• Ruggedized hardened plastic case. All weather operation.
• Up to 100 meter WiFi range for up to 11 wireless devices.
• Internet speeds of 464 Kbps download by 448 Kbps upload.
• Two external Ethernet ports (RJ-45). Capped when not in use.
• May be plugged into vehicle 12V power for continuous use.
• Operates at -25°C to +70°C (-13°F to 158°F) temperatures.
• May operate on any moving vehicle, boat or other platform.
• Operates in heavy rain, and up to 20mm of ice build-up.
• Internal fan keeps internal electronics cool in hot weather.
• The MCD-4801 operates globally (except for the poles).
• Portable - Ships UPS, FedEx, flight luggage anywhere.
• Full IP compatibility - Internet, SMTP email, FTP and VPN